One point six miles! Wooooo!
I feel good. Really good, actually. Though there were, as the title indicates, some technical difficulties. At exactly 15 minutes I almost bit it because the belt was slipping on the treadmill. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) the emergency shut-off tab popped lose as I stumbled and brought everything to a screeching halt. I snatched the manual off the shelf and figured out how to tighten the belt…then spent a good five minutes rummaging around my tool bench in the garage looking for my hex wrenches. (What? Doesn’t every gal have a set of hex wrenches?)
Finally found ’em, tightened things up and hopped back on to finish the podcast.
Thankfully, I was exactly half way through the session because the emergency tab shut everything down and I lost my initial distance info. To track things, I just doubled the second half. Granted, my cool-down was slower than my warm-up, but I am OK with that. Overall I sped things up which meant I actually broke a decent sweat. (I hate to sweat for those of you who don’t know me. However, living in the South for the past four years is desensitizing me.)
Also, I ate breakfast and lunch today. Go me! For dinner I am munching on some spinach and artichoke humus with table water crackers. My appetite and metabolism are already changing. I think my eating habits shall follow suit. Eventually I hope to get where I am eating a big, protein rich breakfast, a mid-size decent meal for lunch, and a light dinner.
I discovered that I do not like the music track with the Running Mate 5K 101 so I have decided to stick with the Cool Running C25K podcasts (I believe they are called Podcasts for Running on iTunes). They C25K guy is a little hard to hear over the music track in a few places on Week 1, but now that I have the intervals down it isn’t a big deal.
The Good Stuff:
- I feel great!
- Feeling this good is making me want to keep it up and change my eating habits/schedule
- I feel great! (I said that already, but I do…I am so shocked by it.)
- I didn’t almost fall over and/or pass out when I got off the treadmill (food and water throughout the day today I am sure helped with that) and no headache after
- I’ve started stretching both in the morning and before I go to bed
- I was able to run without holding onto the treadmill this time (it takes a bit of balance!)
- The fourth toe on my left foot is going numb while I am walking/running…maybe the shoes? Though, this has happened to me in the past when I’ve exercised. I suppose it could have been the shoes then, too. We’ll see.
- I am so out of shape! (Yeah, yeah I knew this already.) My calves ache from about three minutes in through the finish. Though, I admit, now that I am cooling down I feel great. If this part keeps up I can force myself to deal with the 27 minutes of aching.
- I need to keep remembering I am only on day two…my head keeps jumping ahead seven months and I feel so slow and inadequate. I need to stop doing that!
- I need a sports bra. I was going to try to wait until a shed a few pounds because they are less expensive and easier to find in smaller sizes, but it definitely can’t wait if I want to keep going with this (and I do!).