Holy moly – that was awesome! It was hot and sweaty and hard, but still awesome!
I definitely ‘felt’ my legs at times, but nothing really hurt. I had a lot of energy (especially in the second half of the session) which I chalk up to a really good dinner last night and some cereal this morning. I sweated like a pig but didn’t feel overheated. Mostly I just felt like I was on top of the world. Though I admit, as I was powering through the last minute of the final five-minute run, I realized that I can totally see myself running 5K and 10K races, but I am not entirely sure I can see myself running a half-marathon. In my head it translates into this: Running for an hour? Yes! Running for 3+ hours? No!
The best part is that I am not at all discouraged by these thoughts. I will run/walk the half in March because I’ve committed to doing that. After, I will focus on the shorter races.
- Socks – Love my new socks! Bought some Champion DuoDry socks at Target when I was there picking up a new scale. They come in extended sizes (women’s shoe size 8-12) which means they fit my giant feet well. Most socks, especially sports socks, are way too small and tight and cramp my toes.
- Shoes – I think I love my shoes. I don’t really know any better, so I don’t have anything to compare them to, but they are working out well. There are so many brands and options out there, I figure once I am in better shape and am running some longer distances without dying, then I will go back to a specialty store and get refitted. My reasoning being that once I am in better shape my form will probably change.
- Bras – anything is better than what I had started out with.
- Shirts – I need more t-shirts.
- Food – still need to work on eating better (see next post)